Understand and document the end-to-end Physical Network connectivity of your fiber network
One of the core functionalities of ConnectMaster is the modelling and administration of components of a telecommunications network, the physical network inventory. It contains the passive inventory as well as the active inventory. Additionally, a main point here is the management of the fiber/wire connectivity, building physical paths from fibers/wires by splicing or patching. A complete documentation of the telecommunications network inventory is the essential basis for design, engineering and operation of the network.
Once end-to-end connectivity is allocated to pair, port or point, then this can be viewed by means of the resultant Physical path (both textually and spatially) as illustrated below:
- Avoidance of scattered documentation by means of paper plans or files, increases completeness, confidentiality, and relevance of network data
- Central database for all domains in the company enables efficient business processes for network planning and management
- Exact knowledge of all network components avoids costly surveys or search actions
- By knowing all physical connections, the utilization of the passive network can be optimized and the time required to realize new connections can be minimized
- Supports/improves operations in Incident and Fault Management (OTDR Locator) and Capacity Management (Alert System) based on a predefined threshold.