Supporting key business tasks for both domains – physical inventory management and logical resource management within one integrated product.
Operational Modules of ConnectMaster™
Supporting the operations and maintenance of the network
One of the key objectives of an inventory management platform is supporting the operations and maintenance of the network. ConnectMaster™ is a comprehensive database of record that is easy navigation from the physical infrastructure to customer services or vice versa. It contains a scheduling system for planning events which can be used in conjunction with the projects module to understand what works are occurring in the network and when.
Impact Analysis is a powerful operational tool that takes an object as its input and then calculates what service impact will occur if this object was to go faulty or taken offline for maintenance purposes.
- Impact management – Enables the user to determine which elements, bearers and services were affected by failures in components, physical paths and transmission objects.
- Affected elements – Are displayed independent of the initial element for which analysis is being performed.
- Damaged/protected elements – All elements affected by a failure are divided into disabled and protected categories enabling easy triage of a network problem.
- Email templates – Alert the customers and other interested parties about failures that affect them by email from the interface.
The event management module provides the following features:
- Event management – Define and manage events organised in a calendar view.
- Events – Enables the user to classify events with a time frame (beginning-end) for components, physical paths or allocations.
- Event types – Generate a library of event types to categorise events.
- Event filter – Search ConnectMaster® for events by timeframe or type.
With the power management module power supply, distribution and consumption details can be managed. Some of the features of this module are:
- AC and DC power management
- Modelling of power supply, backup generation, distribution and components
- Management of power networks
- Automatic power usage calculation as power is supplied and consumed by network components
- Generation of power summary reports
Field Services Client
ConnectMaster™ has a Web client for mobile use in order to support external/on-site technical services. In order to fulfill complex planning, analysis or documentation tasks, the use of the full ConnectMaster™ Windows-Client is a good choice.
Field Service Client access to the central ConnectMaster™ network inventory database with every device running Web-Browser (mobile or desktop) to view geographical, schematic and tabular network data e.g. logical and physical path details as well as schematic rack views.
Integration Interface with the live network
One of the key features of the ConnectMaster’s logical management is the ability to interface with the live network management system to synchronise an up-to-date representation of the network Physical inventory components (such as sub-racks and cards) as well as network topology data can be synchronised from the NMS, achieved through API synchronisation. This mean all components, transmission circuits and service topology can be reconciled on an incremental or instant basis depending on the capabilities of the NMS and the business processes of the customer.
The Application Programmable Interface (API) enriches ConnectMaster’s functionality by enabling third-party applications to read and write new data directly into the database via a web services based interface. The API allows:
- Data synchronisation with other business and operations systems
- Building of custom applications tailored to specific customer requirements
- All data changes performed by the API are also recorded in the system by the History Module producing audit reports
Extended User Rights
The Extended User Rights module controls the operations that users and/or user groups can perform in specific areas of the database. The following are some of the features of this module:
- Provides an interface for defining system usage permissions for individual users or user groups
- Allows the restriction of create, edit or delete functionality within certain hierarchies of the location system.
- Allows the restriction of create, edit or delete functionality for all object types in the system
The history module is an activity log that records all the changes to data in the system. The history module:
- Records user, time, object, action and values associated with create, edit or delete activities.
- Provides history reports that can be filtered based on username, type of action (Create, Change, and Delete), date affected and object class.
- Provides statistical graphs of user activity and class of objects affected.
- Provides a calendar view of actions for a specific user to understand what actions were done on what day and in what timeframe.
- Archive history logs and restore archives for viewing.
Click here to contact us for more information