Spectrum Spatial Analyst
Gain access to location-based data and analysis on your desktop or mobile device.
For many organisations, Location Intelligence has become an indispensable component of Business Intelligence and the overall decision-making process. At the forefront of this business component is Pitney Bowes’ Spectrum Spatial Analyst. A web-based GIS application that combines the power and versatility of an enterprise LI platform, with unmatched accessibility, scalability, reliability, performance and cost savings.
Spectrum Spatial gives you the power, control and flexibility you need to overcome key business challenges, quickly turning any internal or third-party data into actionable insights. SSA makes it easy to operationalise geospatial data according to the unique needs of each business department. From conception to execution, Spectrum Spatial provides agile, intuitive tools that empower users and accelerates success.
Users can quickly view, share, query and understand critical business and location-based data – all within their favourite desktop browser or mobile device. SSA has fast become a prominent force in a business’ ability to stay one step ahead of the competition.
Mitigate the risk, grow your revenues and streamline service delivery by:
- Integrating various layers of spatial and non-spatial data from a wide range of sources into a single channel of information.
- Management of data located within a single hub results in easier communication and accountability across the workplace.
- Analysing data through the implementation of various map views, charts, data binds, annotations and more.
- SSA’s Extensibility option means that you can now create an entirely unique structure, look and feel to your business portal. Ensuring that ease-of-use, company branding and access to information is structured exactly as desired.
- Need to bring in a view of the recently refurbished shop front or other business assets? This can easily be achieved with SSA’s flexible callout component.
Covering the basics:
- SSA’s intuitive interface caters for easy map navigation, information callouts and search capabilities.
- The ‘Functionality” profiles applied to SSA allows for administrators to specify exactly what options are available to assigned users within each map project. Choose to enable themes, queries, search capabilities and much more.
- SSA’s Administration console ensures that only the assigned roles and users will be able to access and edit different map projects. This ensures ultimate security and accountability to the access and management of valuable business data.
Querying your data:
- A query can be set up for any table in order for users to perform a more detailed search on a map.
- Need to find all suburbs in South Africa earning over a certain monthly income?
The Template Designer:
GIS administrators will always aim to curate and publish the best in-class, web-mapping experience for their users. SSA’s Template Designer enables you to create visually diverse map information panels to suit your data and user’s context.
With the Template Designer, users are able to:
- Choose columns to hide/show (and visualize it in a relevant manner)
- Add Bar and Pie charts
- Add Google street view
Easy Imports, Exports and Layer Additions:
Data within SSA is constantly connected via database or physical connections. As a result, it all sits in a centralised location – vastly improving the user-friendliness and access of a corporate data repository. It allows users to add separate layers of data into existing and new projects at the click of a button - adding major efficiency to the timeliness of map updates by enabling access-granted staff members to make changes autonomously.
SSA also allows for tables within the data repository to have new records added, records deleted as well as spatial or attribute edits to be implemented – all of which can be captured through SSA’s auditing system.
Thematic Maps in SSA:
Thematic views are layers on the map that have had their visual style altered to represent data associated with that map layer. It allows you to analyze your data and display it in a variety of ways on a map. For example, a layer might contain suburb boundaries and have associated information about the total number of dwellings within each suburb. A thematic visual can be applied so that each suburb is displayed in a different color depending on the number of dwellings per suburb.
Annotations and Distance/Area Measurements:
SSA provides various types of annotation features that allow the user to either draw or import existing vector data onto the map. All of which can be used as a basis to query their own business data. For example, how many of your clients within a 15-minute drivetime radius of an outlet have a sales volume greater than R7 500?
A data bind associates a spatial table with a non-spatial table using a common column between them in order to showcase a one-to-many relationship between assets.
A data bind allows you to:
- display a wide range of relevant attribute data from associated tables without having to add each one as a map layer (especially as they would all share the same geometry).
- query the associated table at source so that admins do not need to bring the associated tables into the web mapping system to create a join.
Find My Nearest:
- A find my nearest search enables an SSA user to search for specific services within a specified radius of a particular location. A good example of this, one that could certainly help alleviate the pressure of call-center requests by allowing clients to perform the task themselves, is a Find My Nearest callout of insurance-related branch locations (such as vehicle workshops) located nearest to a client’s house or place of work.
Branding allows you to customize the look and feel of the entire Spectrum Spatial Analyst interface to reflect that of your company brand, logo and associated colours. Brand Association is fundamental to building a sustainable relationship with your customers and branding the portal goes a long way in achieving this.
A Print Template is a pre-defined page layout along with the view of the map that may include page borders, company logos, scale bars and more. SSA allows you to create and design your own print templates, which users (that have the necessary rights allocated to them) can then use to quickly and easily produce for dissemination - enhancing collaboration by rapidly sharing insights with colleagues and partners.
The Benefits of SSA
- Generate value immediately with SSA’s out-of-the-box, ready-to-use design. Delivering rapid ROI as your organization subsequently grows.
- Reduce dependency on the GIS experts and allow users to self-serve through an interactive online portal.
- Broaden access to data by providing improved user-friendliness within the corporate data environment.
- Reliable security is enabled through role-based user access and on-premise storage.
- Accelerated performance of mapping software immediately improves the timeliness of map updates
- Improve usability of GIS data for staff who are not GIS professionals and increase staff efficiency by providing geospatial data to mobile devices for any on-site data capturing.
- Easily embed maps and other location-based capabilities into your web site or third-party application.
- It is mobile ready with SSA’s HTML5 design, ensuring support for standard desktop browsers as well as popular mobile and touch devices.
- Rapidly share insights through enhanced collaboration with colleagues and partners that now have access to current information about the location of assets and services.
- Improve customer satisfaction by providing 24/7 self-service access to location-based information from any device and improve efficiency through reduced customer service calls
- Consolidation of internal and third-party data into a single platform serves to regulatory compliance, operations, risk management and customer service.